Sunday, November 15, 2009

Running around like crazy...

I'm reminded once more that I like having blogs as a class assignment because it forces me to set down and write. Yes, for a class but more reflective and personal than in normal situations.

I'm really enjoying reading Auden's poetry. I mentioned on the discussion board that the simplistic more traditional style reminds me of Frost and I think that endeared him to me becaue Frost was the first poet that I really "got". What stands out to me concerning Auden is how he says what he feels even if it is uncomfortable. The poem about Freud was brave because Freud was controversial. I really like that he eulogized people who made a statment and with that he made a statment. We write not just to write but to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment