Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thoughts

What I found interesting this weekend was the poem about the power of the pen and the comparison between the pen and the tools that the narrator's father had used. On the discussion board, we talked a little about trying to live up to our parent's expectations, trying to surpass their level of success, trying to give our kids more than what we had and I just couldn't stop thinking about that this weekend while surrounded by my family. I watched me and my siblings try to parent our children as our parents still tried to parent us and how somethings are traditions that we want to keep and some we just want to let go. However, as I see change trying to occur, I also see a sort of mourning for the things that are going away. A pen for a spade.

No comments:

Post a Comment